SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING
IN HERMITAGE, TENNESSEE
ASSISTED LIVING AT CHARTER SENIOR LIVING OF HERMITAGE: INSPIRING. ENGAGING. FULFILLING.
Through the support of personalized care services – including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) – a full social calendar, and convenient services and amenities, Assisted Living residents at Charter Senior Living of Hermitage live as independently as possible in a senior living community that promotes choice, dignity, privacy, independence and individuality.
Here, older adults find 24/7 medical care, and a personalized approach that sets our Assisted Living lifestyle apart from what other communities offer.
We improve quality of life through:
- The warmth of a safe, family-like environment
- Exceptional services
- Meaningful relationships among residents and staff
- Inspiring levels of care that enhance everyday life and the human spirit
From the moment a resident joins Charter Senior Living of Hermitage’s family, we prioritize their likes, dislikes, goals and aspirations. It’s why residents and their families feel inspired, fulfilled and comforted by our community and not restricted by other options like home care or nursing homes.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION OR SCHEDULE A TOUR
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES & AMENITIES
Charter Senior Living of Hermitage provides Assisted Living services and amenities that go above and beyond expectations. Residents no longer have household responsibilities, utilities to pay, or need to search for a helping hand. Our services and amenities include:
- Three meals per day and unlimited snacks
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- 24/7 assistance and support
- In-home emergency call system
- Pet-friendly community with indoor and outdoor common areas
- Accessible apartment homes that meet different styles and budgets
- Personalized care and assistance with ADLs like dressing and bathing
- Access to on-site therapies provided by local licensed partners
- Ask the Expert with Sylvia Kurinsky – a personalized, senior living advisor who specializes in mediating familial communications and helping families navigate the journey to senior living
Spacious Floor Plans For Seniors
Those in Assisted Living can live independently thanks to well-appointed and just-like-home apartments in a variety of layouts and styles. Paying for Assisted Living depends on residents’ needs. Learn more about the cost of Assisted Living, when you visit our floor plans page.
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF OUR ASSISTED LIVING PROGRAMMING & ACTIVITIES
We’re not your typical Assisted Living community; we experience life to its fullest and encourage every resident to do the same. At Charter Senior Living of Hermitage, Assisted Living residents enjoy robust social calendars designed to keep them active, engaged and living well.
Programs are tailored to residents’ personal interests and needs, no matter their age or abilities. Some resident-favorite Assisted Living activities include:
- Rhythm and motion fitness classes
- Walking club
- Outings to local shops, restaurants, and attractions
- Chronicle Cranium Crunches
- Book Club
- Garden Party
Ask The Expert
Our goal at Charter Senior Living is to help family caregivers and their loved ones navigate aging to the best of their abilities. One way we do this is through our newest resource, Ask the Expert, with Sylvia Kurinsky.
Sylvia is our go-to Charter expert and Certified Dementia Practitioner offering personalized senior living advice, mediating familial communications, and enhancing the human spirit through an honest and kind approach. Assisted Living is one of her specialties, among several others, which include:
- Gaining a deep understanding of what seniors and their families want and need
- Developing specialized strategies for the senior who refuses to move no matter how unsafe their home has become
- Helping adult children care for their parents
- Working with complicated family dynamics to ease the process of searching for a senior living solution
Sylvia is here to help. Get all your questions answered today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Assisted Living?
Unlike skilled nursing facilities and Memory Care communities that provide medical care, Assisted Living is focused on helping seniors with the activities of daily living and residential care. Signs that Assisted Living may be an appropriate option for you or a loved one include:
- Needing help with medication management
- Noticeable weight loss or gain
- Loss of mobility or increase in falls
- Neglecting household maintenance and chores
- No longer able to perform daily tasks of grooming and preparing meals
- Increased isolation
Families will have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are living healthy, independent and active lives. They’ll have more time to focus on spending time together and enjoying all life has to offer.
For added peace of mind, our specialized Memory Care program, Flourish℠, is available on-site.
What is the difference between assisted living and a nursing home?
Overall, the main difference between assisted living and care offered in a nursing home is that nursing homes provide medical and personal care in a clinical setting, while assisted living primarily provides personal and health care by trained staff members in a homelike, social setting.
Who qualifies for assisted living?
Seniors whose health or well-being requires a higher level of support or those who would benefit from a healthier lifestyle and social engagement qualify for assisted living. Most communities conduct a health assessment that follows state regulations to determine what level of care or assistance is best for each individual.
What kind of services does assisted living to provide?
Assisted living communities to give older adults personalized care in a residential setting. Most assisted living communities – including Charter Senior Living Assisted Living communities – provide services that includes:
- One to three meals a day in our spacious dining area
- Monitoring of medication
- Personal care, including dressing and bathing
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Some medical services
- Social and recreational activities
- Care coordination
- Mobility assistance
- Complimentary transportation
Some assisted living communities offer respite care or short-term stays. Additionally, some communities offer access to home care services for those who may need more assistance than is provided at the community but who are not yet ready for a skilled nursing care center.
What is the cost of assisted living in Nashville, TN?
The Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020 estimates the regional median monthly rate for assisted living is $3,720, which breaks down to around $122 per day. To put that into some context, the same survey says a private room in a nursing home will cost around $260 per day ($7,908 per month). Home health aide services average $138 per day.
Who pays for assisted living?
While your personal health insurance coverage continues and your pharmaceutical coverage continues, Medicare typically doesn’t pay for assisted living. Most assisted living residents pay for this kind of care from their resources or with help from coverage provided by long-term care insurance. Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits can help cover the cost for eligible Veterans and surviving spouses who are over age 65.
Do you offer Respite Care or trial stays at your community?
Yes! For family caregivers who need relief or a temporary care solution, we also provide Short-Term Stays. Just Like Home Respite Care provides all the amenities and Assisted Living care services offered to full-time residents.
This offering is one of our many Assisted Living lifestyle benefits. Your needs are important to us, so our goal is to provide personalized service and satisfaction every moment of every day.
Does Medicare pay for Short-Term Assisted Living stays?
If outside services (such as rehabilitation) are needed during a resident’s Short-Term Stay in Assisted Living, Medicare coverage would be available to qualifying patients.